9.15.2009

Day 1: Marble Tournament


marbles.


Day one, i'm feeling pretty good about all this. I went to get some sweet marbles at Michael's the night before, but either the store was gone or I was at the wrong place. Disheartened yet still zealous, I went to Target and found some decorative marble-like objects that were flat on one side. Alright, I played with those as a kid, I was cool with that. Also I bought a bag of snack size Snickers and ate like half of it. Needed to bulk up on calories before the big game.


Game day, I'm feeling the pressure. I brought a length of championship-regulation Crest floss for the "Circle of Blood" as they called it back when I was reigning marble champ (it nearly earned that title again when my marble-like glass object came within inches of mauling Wendy's eye).


I chose a good spot with a desk-like region, glass topped, just begging to be beaten with glass.


My willing subject Wendy didn't know how to play.


(pictured here smiling, before I explained the rules)

Basically we arranged the marbles in a cross, 8 per side, and flicked them around. It was pretty intense. The little guys were hard to scoot. I ended up winning, obviously. Wendy will tell you that it doesn't matter because we had fun, and the second part is true but the first isn't. It does matter, I won. Day one was a success, and Wendy is now my favorite person whose name starts with a "W" (if there are any Wanda's reading this currently, I hate you still).

we remain friends, despite my glassy superiority. also I'm angry here.



No comments:

Post a Comment