9.16.2009

Day 2: Marble Jewelry

marble jewelry.


So as the quick ones among you might have figured out by now, I wasn't about to risk my life and/or wellbeing and/or job melting marbles down at work. I'm not a cowardly person, I just would have too many regrets. There are too many things I haven't done yet in life. Instead, I decided to sculpt ornate jewelry using the marbles as gems, and paperclips as settings.


I'm going to set one thing straight right now, and that's the proficiency of men at doing this sort of thing. A lot of people don't know this, so I figured someone had to break the news. You know all of those things guys imagine girls doing to each other at slumber parties, and how every one of them is exactly true and almost always happens? It's exactly the opposite with guy's slumber parties. Surprise, I'll bet you didn't know we had those. Usually we drop the "S" and just call them "Lumber Parties," to keep it chill. But guys do pretty much the exact opposite at lumber parties of what girls imagine them doing. They take a lot of preparation. We have a "Designated Divo" (male diva) go out ahead of time and get the materials. This involves a couple of jars of scented soaps and hand scrubs at Lush, and usually a good amount of chocolate from See's Candy. After this, we all get together, gather round, and give each other hand and back massages while we talk about what girls we're crazy about, what kind of kids we want (names, how many, etc.), where we want our collective weddings... guy stuff. It was at a lumber party that I perfected the art of jewelry crafting.


Now, you may think I have adequate skills, but that would be unfair. Much like charm jewelry (http://charmbay.com/transform) my jewelry has gotten to the point where it can completely transform one's looks.


Observe:
my jewelry transformed this hideous man into a gorgeous woman.
If you want to order some of my renowned jewelry, just send large amounts of money to my paypal account until I respond.

1 comment: