9.21.2009

Day 5: Classic Video Games

pac-man re-envisioned.
Time for some retro. For me. So that's like 15 years ago, back when I invented video games. I looked at all the ideas linked on the site, but since I lack a back yard and any willing friends (for this fun little adventure at least), I decided to put my brain to work and make my own retro remakes.
There's this game I play regularly at work that is similar to Pac-Man, it goes like this:
Rule 1: Wander around the office all day with a piece of paper and pretend like you are looking for someone.
Rule 2: Don't find them.
Rule 3: If you stop looking, you lose.
Rule 4: If you get fired, you lose.
So it was a lot of fun, and I decided I wouldn't mind doing something similar on my lunch break. Basically, it's identical to the above-described game, except instead of paper, I loudly chewed some Hi-Chew candy (pictured above, and closely resembling the white orbs of cocaine that Pac-Man munched on) while I made my office rounds, from one of my boss's offices to another boss's office, all without getting stopped in the hall or fired. Or killed I guess. You might consider it rude to behave in such a manner, but come on now, his name was Pac-Man, not Chew-food-carefully-and-considerately-at-your-desk-Man, I had to be true to the original.
After this little exercise in manners, I was pretty pumped, and flirted with the idea of getting some mushrooms and coins and stomping and collecting them (respectively), but the Janitor is a large, angry man, and he knows where I sit.
Just then I saw something sparkling from the corner of my eye:
With my newly discovered Ruler-Sword, I spent the remainder of my lunch break hacking down office shrubbery.

too bad I forgot to bring my green tunic.

No comments:

Post a Comment