9.17.2009

Day 3: Lemonade Stand


lemonade. free as a bird, sour as... whatever.


So yes, today, with almost no mountains left to climb already, I turned to philanthropy. Opened up a free lemonade stand for the good people of my work. In preparation I woke up early this morning and hand squeezed the lemonade bottle (Simply Lemonade), I also got a bowl and filled it with ice and covered it with a blanket (the delightful green thing in the picture). The blanket was to insulate the ice, and the ice was to keep the lemonade cold so I didn't have to walk it back and forth to the fridge. I ended up just walking it back and forth to the fridge. But I did get to perform a cool magic trick with the bowl. Put ice in the bowl, waited three hours, WHERE DID THAT ICE GO? Merlin has always been my middle name. My awkward awkward name-calling middle name.


I was also especially hygienic with the lemonade. I think this dates back to the time I ordered a smoothie at a smoothie shop and while it was mixing itself on the machine the smoothie-crafting-man stood and talked to me and PICKED HIS NOSE AND ATE IT in front of me. This is wrong on so many levels. It should never be done. So I made sure to wash my hands before each time I poured the beverages.

also I made an adorable little sign


It was interesting to see how my co-workers reacted to the lemonade. I mean this was by no means a science experiment (Merlin =/= Darwin, although both suck as middle names for little kids to be honest), but it was fun to observe. People were timid and/or awkward, and inwardly I was the same way, but I put it past me because honestly that's what this whole thing is about right? Everyone complimented me after I assuaged them with the news that it wasn't hand-made and disappointed them with further news that it wasn't alcoholic at all. People also question your motives, I guess that's to be expected, but maybe someday I'll get better at getting past people's inhibitions.

3 comments:

  1. I wish you worked at my office!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha. get your coworkers involved! make a cult! anything for lemonade, in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete